Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Carol and SQL #53179
    Carol
    Participant

    Finding time to edit and upload video with this horrible country internet has been almost impossible. LOL

    Here is one video from last Friday. Hopefully I can get more done later.

    We worked on sit tug sit , sit stay and acceleration and deceleration.
    She had question on the decel so after 2 times I moved her closer to the jump. That helped.

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #50469
    Carol
    Participant

    First RD session. Lord help me. I can’t believe I’m going to do this again. Hahaa!!

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #50391
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is the turn and burn video

    And that dog screaming was her brother running Agility in the next ring. 🤣🤣
    So that was super hard for her.
    I tore a muscle in my back so I can’t run Stark right now so Maddie was working with Stark. I technically probably shouldn’t be doing all the bending over with SQL but it is more of a controlled bending over while I am not so controlled running Stark.

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #50386
    Carol
    Participant

    I did a couple training sessions today so uploading lot of videos but the session were through out the day. She also lost some teeth during the session so she may have been a little off today. LOL

    This was the video that should have been posted in my last post.

    Prop practice and rear cross – https://youtu.be/RH2Phy5eHhY

    Videos from today.

    Ladder work – https://youtu.be/KQ21fMNYL8g

    Value for prop – https://youtu.be/2T9SpwtkMUA

    Barrel Wrap – turn and burn – https://youtu.be/2T9SpwtkMUA

    Threadle foundation – https://youtu.be/5SymJI8oNzg

    Adding Value for the Hand “collar grab” – https://youtu.be/ixg6esfjCp8

    Barrel Wraps Handling Combos – https://youtu.be/vtwKpBuKkMA

    Lap Turns and Tandem Turns – these were different session but I combined them in on video. In this session her nose got the best of her and she went into an open crate and was sniffing. I was able to get her back after a few seconds and she went back to working. I kept this part on camera.

    I did use the pattern “Get It” game with her today and it seemed to help.

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #50246
    Carol
    Participant

    Threadle foundation –
    I was so surprised and happy with this first ever session. Not only did she pick it up like a champ, this was the first time I ever put the toy on the ground and asked her to do something and then sent her to the toy. Freaking brilliant!

    I warmed her up with just some nose targets first and then added in the the rest of the behavior.

    Wraps-

    Turn and burn.

    Left – https://youtu.be/zkLZ5iN7_og

    Right – https://youtu.be/TTaczFNm8_c

    I haven’t been able to get much distance away from the barrel yet.

    Prop Game.
    She is understanding to turn in the correct position much better now.

    Finding the prop on her line and added in a few rear crosses.
    The rear crosses still need some work. 🙂

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #49914
    Carol
    Participant

    Videos from our session on Thursday.

    I did some send to the side and back prop games. Noticed she turned the wrong way a couple times. Brought her back out later and did front sends so they made a triangle shape and BAM! Perfection on turns.

    Send to side – https://youtu.be/IE9roOPbBcM

    Front sends – https://youtu.be/Q4Y9CESDEjQ

    Parallel path – https://youtu.be/83Eimtt4zm4

    Decel and BS
    Maybe one day I will learn how to decel properly. 🤣

    Decel with BC – https://youtu.be/TtOI8u5moYs

    Barrel wrapping using marker on the floor
    She thinks more than Stsrk did at this age. She is slower but her brain is going. I know she will speed up. I’m just not use to a thinker. 🤣🤣
    Wrapping Video – https://youtu.be/DvHmsWBzgsc

    I’m so happy with how she lined up next to me with these sessions. I continue to work on the neck/collar grabs and desensitization. I threw a little bit in during this training session but not much. She let me know when she wasn’t happy and I listened. 🤣

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #49789
    Carol
    Participant

    I need help with retreive. This is always a weakness of mine!!! Do you have some info on this?

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #49788
    Carol
    Participant

    Back up

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #49785
    Carol
    Participant

    Not much training has gone on in the past 2 weeks. This moving/house thing has had me exhausted. It showed when I brought her out to try the games we played the last time.

    1st session of the prop game, I was not that happy with it. It also seemed like she wanted food more. So, later on i did the game again and just used food. Bingo! it was better.

    https://youtu.be/_iB6t2X461s – 1st session

    https://youtu.be/9-D5I7rddjs – 2nd session

    Decel game but added in a BC everynow and then

    Wrapping a Barrel
    I started adding the name and also I decided to stay very close to the barrel. She doesn’t really like her collar touched or me holding her. You can see the avoidence behavior and her trying to bite me (not agreesive)to get my hand away and then she rolls. Maybe I just have her sit and say????

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #49361
    Carol
    Participant

    Hello,

    It has taken me days to be able to post these videos. LOL
    Anywho, I think we are off to a good start. I can’t wait to do some more training. The training has been a little slow with all the moving and this 4 day trial we have at LU. Tomorrow is the last day. yay!

    Decelration Game -https://youtu.be/zEo5Oh9BeoM

    1st Prop Practie – https://youtu.be/AX2vDhp6WwI

    2nd Prop practice – https://youtu.be/vVgLjc4T5ig

    Wrapping a barrel – https://youtu.be/xhCDxhSWmfo

    Driving to a toy – https://youtu.be/Xy9-tILnxFw

    Target Practice – https://youtu.be/38XpDEvDZ6U

    in reply to: Carol and SQL #49160
    Carol
    Participant

    Looks like you got it figured out!

    in reply to: Tracy And Jitterbug #49132
    Carol
    Participant

    He is a big boy!

    in reply to: Carol and Stitch #44189
    Carol
    Participant

    Prop Games!!!

    Counter Motion – https://youtu.be/g03qn7o8JwA

    Parallel Path – https://youtu.be/nlvxH1STjdo

    Counter motion again – https://youtu.be/HA-MbL-yApo

    rear cross – https://youtu.be/mF0E7-nHdrE

    Rear cross and Parallel Path – https://youtu.be/aEFmWa6buDI

    in reply to: Carol and Stitch #44188
    Carol
    Participant

    Teaching Collection – Send, BC, Decel, Go!

    in reply to: Carol and Stitch #44187
    Carol
    Participant

    Plank work

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 316 total)