Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol #11376
    Carol
    Participant

    start him in the same position he ends in on the reps without countermotion, where he is parallel to the pinny. The difference is that you will be in between him and the wing, as opposed to the ending where he is between you and the wings (let me know if that makes sense). But starting him parallel to it (same as the ending) you are asking him to bending into that first bar/wing too. When we start the pups straight on, the bend is not as challenging but it looks like he is ready for more

    I am not really following what you are describing.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #11375
    Carol
    Participant

    Is class over? When do we stop posting things? LOL

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #11179
    Carol
    Participant

    Okay, had a couple minutes to practice today.

    SERP Exits – https://youtu.be/ED5MduRXe-8
    I noticed that I released too early once I watched my videos. Dang it.
    Also, I used the tunnel a couple times because Stark found it rewarding. 🙂

    Rights/Left – https://youtu.be/KIKmwFLE90o

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10985
    Carol
    Participant

    Rocking Horse with Crosses Session 2 –

    Backside Wraps Session 2 –

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10938
    Carol
    Participant

    Wednesday was actually lovely outside!I think the distance may hae helped withe the jump. more more and time to make that connection and keep it. before the other barrel showed up. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10925
    Carol
    Participant

    Rocking Horse – https://youtu.be/UZLDqWZBvYo

    sorry about that!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10916
    Carol
    Participant

    We are back in the saddle again, somewhat. I started back to going into work last week so time has been a little scarce. I got to work from home today so I got to sneak in some training.

    Rocking horse (outside) yay! – https://youtu.be/vo-W9bi-PFw

    Backside – https://youtu.be/vo-W9bi-PFw

    So much fun working with him!!!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10503
    Carol
    Participant

    Rocking Horse session 5 –

    Toy to Hand – https://youtu.be/RyhoLh9rthM
    In this session I used a tug toy. I also used a smaller bowl and sat on a stool.

    in reply to: Verbals: Use Your Words! #10501
    Carol
    Participant

    Posted in the wrong place. Sorry!!

    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10498
    Carol
    Participant

    my yard is one big freaking puddle!! notghing outside anytime soon. Here is some work that we did last night.

    Get Out – https://youtu.be/3Y5sB8_aRds
    I tried using a toy with Get Out instead of throwing a treat. thoughts?

    Threadles – https://youtu.be/bQWVpztG81U
    We worked the opposite side from class the other night.

    Rocking Horse – https://youtu.be/2kLxRKJPSto
    I think he still had a lot of questions here based on him jumping up at me. But, I think he is getting better.

    in reply to: Verbals: Use Your Words! #10497
    Carol
    Participant

    OMG, so over whelming!! I don’t know how to start.

    Right now for a
    threadle I have – IN,in,in
    Take the straight in – go, go, go
    Go off your line and take the thing – Get Out

    with backsides for Sizzle I had – push, push
    I do not have a difference for wrap the backside of slice it. But I want to with Stark. So push, push will be a backside wrap. I don’t know of a word for backside slice. something that I would remember, maybe slice it?

    I think for my own sanity with trying to remember words on course, for wraps I will use le,le,le for left wrap and ri,ri,ri, for right wrap.

    OMG, overwhelming? did I miss anything? hahaa

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10429
    Carol
    Participant

    Yeah, they worked on wrapping a wing, and i was like, I’m bringing out my barrels. LOL
    I don’t get much feedback but at least we are working. 🙂

    Thanks for pushing me to come to class last night. I was so tired but it was worth it. 🙂

    Here is a little pig to hand action from this morning. I am working on transferrinng the behavior from the bowl to the hand now and it is working nicely. I’ll try sitting on a stool next.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10386
    Carol
    Participant

    I tried to kill 2 birds with one stone. Here is a video of us doing wing wraps in class last night.

    When he started sniffing, I redirected to some nose touches. That really helped!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10286
    Carol
    Participant

    Wing Wraps
    I’m not sure if he doesn’t like the toy as much as food or if i’m asking for too much too soon and break the sessions up.

    Session 1 was indoors – https://youtu.be/BoZlGQJ_OmI

    Session 2 was outside the next day – https://youtu.be/-NPTswoGR0o

    Threadles session 1 – https://youtu.be/cfe-i1wDC9c
    Threadle session (outside) – https://youtu.be/SZ_r0GYPnjs

    Get Out – https://youtu.be/Qv7ufPiWSsk
    I did a second session of this outside and in the shade. I used the MM outside. The second session was difficult for him. We had a lot of distractions going for him. I think he was hot and tired, the MM had not been used for this before, Sizzle was barking in the house, and we had not done this outside. So, I went back to the basic of just hit the prop. then we got some “Get Out”. When I went back and reveiwed the video, I used the wrong arm. Ugh, poor dog. We will have a better session next time.

    Getting training done outside is so tricky right now. The grass is so wet and then it gets so hot. I know different environments is important but dang, come on mother nature.

    What do you use in your MM? My kibble keeps getting stuck and it really disrupts our training sessions. For your viewing pleasure and for a good laugh an impromptu It’s Your Choice Session. https://youtu.be/5gpHc8J_LLU

    Also, we used a little laytex pig for our toy retrieval session the other day. so cute and funny. I’ll video another session and share.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #10150
    Carol
    Participant

    This is all I got done on Thursday. We did a couple of short sessions.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 316 total)