Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Carol
ParticipantHere is our second session on threadle slices I did today.
The session was a bit longer than my normal training sessions. Guilty!
But I think he did pretty good. I started adding in the word because he was pretty consistent and I stopped asking for the nose touch when I added in the word. When switched sides I went back to asking for a nose touch and so on. His next to last rep I placed the toy in a very difficult place for him. We had 2 failed attempts so I sat him up to make the third attempt a tiny bit easier on him and BINGO. I stopped there and gave him a jackpot.Carol
ParticipantI have sucked at sharing videos. But I have some. 🤣
Here are some recent videos of us working on our first try at threadles and lap turns.
Carol
ParticipantIt was YouTube, not AU.
The last video was a second session after a long break when he was in his crate in my office. The last session seemed longer time wise b/c he was running around after the first recall 🙁
It took him a few minutes to come back but he finally did.
This is what I have had issues with (granted I have had him a month and he just started going after the toy last week) we have been working hard on toy engagement.
I’m not sure if it was hard for him to engage at first b/c he was aroused/distracted by Spotlight and the dog that had just trained before we came in the ring.I will work on playing with him more before heading back to the holder. 😊
Carol
ParticipantBC Foundation
My camera man did not do so well but Saphir did nice on engaging with the toy and switching leads
The vidoes below are from another day.
Toy Chase
he did so good on this. Finally engaging with a toy in this environment
More toy chase and BC at LUDS
I have one more video from this morning but apparrently I reached my limit on uploads. I did not know that was a thing. So I guess it will upload tomorrow. Anywho, it was more toy chasing. Saphir was a little more wound up in this video. He had seen another dog work prior to the toy races. I also had Spotlight in a crate and he was screaming. Yes, a sterile envirnment would be better for Saphir to focus. You will see in the video tomorrow that at first he does not engage with the toy but runs at it and does a little bit of a zoomie however easy to get back. he proceeds with chase the toy games and engages with it but i don’t think it was as a strong engagement as his previous lesson. Once I brought the food out and did a couple of collection drills with him he was all super focused. video to come when I am “allowed”
Well, I am allowed now! LOL so here is the video.
Carol
ParticipantMy focus this morning during our training session was to work with a toy. I was really pleased with how he did overall. I started out with doing a couple games and only using the toy and did not present any food yet. I then decided to incorporate a cookie into training and see if he could switch to a toy. I knew this would be hard for him. I kept the sessions short and fun. You’ll see in the toy to cookie game that he did have a hard time playing with the toy after he got the cookie but I eventually got him to play. I only presented a cookie a couple times because I knew this would be challenging for him to switch to a toy so we kept it very short.
For the drive ahead game I decided to just use a cookie because he is so food motivated and we’ve already played with the toy toy a lot.
Warning! He also managed to untie my shorts and one of the games. I know this will make you laugh!
For the dead toy live toy game it started out where I was going to do wing wraps with two different toys. I quickly noticed that he had a strong feeling for one toy and was not interested in the other toy at all. I thought the best thing to do would be to switch to another toy, usually I wouldn’t do this but he had literally zero interest. I then switched to another toy and he was overly focused on that toy and not very interested in the other toy. I decided to take the wing out of the game because I did not want to have to worry about the wing wrap game when we need to focus on switching from one toy to another so I removed the wing and focused on just the dead toy live toy game. He did better when I chose a different toy but he clearly still had a preference for the toy with the fur on it. I’m OK with that and I felt like this was a good session of him learning that he needed to play with the toy that I was presenting him. I know this game went on way too long and I normally don’t do a session for this long. But I was also learning during the session that I needed to change some things up and to change the game that was happening in the moment to something that was more important.
Drive to Handler
Blind Cross
Toy to Cookie part 1
Toy to Cookie Prt 2
We definitely need more work on eating a cookie and then tugging.Driving ahead
Dead Toy Live Toy
These videos today will definitely give you an insight as to how he feels between food and cookies. I definitely have my work cut out for me when it comes to playing with toys. He is definitely gotten better in the month that I have had him but I know he’s got a ways to go.
Carol
ParticipantWe started working on the end behavior on a teeter too. I know it’s not in the classwork but sharing anyways.
Carol
ParticipantRound two at right turn out of tunnel. We have done left only. I think he is figuring it out now. I think l will add a normal tunnel for the next session.
Carol
ParticipantHere is us working on Tunnel exits.
So the only thing he knew until today is to run straight out of a tunnel. My word for that is neece (sp?)
A tunnel with “natural” curve coming out is “tunnel”
For a tight left turn out of the tunnel I will say Tunnel then Link.
For a tight right turn coming out of the tunnel I will say Tunnel rechtsum.I started teaching soft Tunnels today and started teaching tight left.
You will see when I say the word tunnel he has no idea what to do. 🤣
Also for teaching tight turns out of the tunnel I’m going to teach a foot target to a prop. I want to make sure I get super tight turns with him. Paps are notorious for going wide.For your viewing pleasure
Carol
ParticipantHey hey!!
I uploaded a video on the internet at home!!Here we are practicing a threadle wrap. This our second session and I added in a a cookie throw so he had a little movement into the wrap and I walked ever so slowly.
Carol
ParticipantI somehow was able to squeeze some training in between taking care of my parents for 3 days (dad had surgery), packing for the USO, and being trial chair for an AKC Trial on Friday. Looking back I’m not sure how I did it. 🤣
Here are some clips of our prop game which clearly we need to do more of at this level, forward focus, BC foundation, and drive to hand games.
Forward Focus
Drive to Hand
Blind Crosses
Propwork
Carol
ParticipantSpotlight says, game on!! I love crazy!
Here are our pre-game videos. 🙂
Foot Targeting
Nose Targeting
Carol
ParticipantHere is a little bit of us playing around with backsides and threadles after doing the accordion exercise.
-
This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by
Carol.
Carol
ParticipantHere is our accordion exercise.
Here is 2.5 distance and then extending the last jump out by 3’ and then back in 3’
Carol
ParticipantWell, better late than never.
Here we go with some week 1 work.
She is jumping pretty high. I think you placement instead of throwing the toy may be good for her.
Carol
ParticipantHi ya!
Here is where we are with her sit on a prop.
Suggestions on next steps??
-
This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts