Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & River #39193
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Alright…bits and pieces of Package 1, Jumpers Course 1

    We had a lot of video editing software problems, so Course 2 is coming right behind this one. I don’t know the name Leslie Woodcock, but I will look her up. We are still struggling mightily with the differentiation game (with all dogs), but on the bright side, River has enjoyed these GO drills so much, she won’t hold her station behaviour anymore and creeps slowly forward to join me on the field, so that has been nice to see. She wants to keep playing.

    in reply to: Jen & River #39091
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here is our work on discrimination. River is definitely the worst at this out of my three dogs; the puppy has almost caught up to her on this one.

    River’s shoulder x-ray was clear. No shoulder, elbow, or wrist issues. Now we can get a referral for rehab. Canadian Open is in two weeks…

    in reply to: Jen & River #39090
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy, I am going to try the jumping courses from Package 1 this weekend. There are some pretty obvious lines here, but if you had some suggestions for where to focus (and when to throw the ball), that would be great. I know my reward patterns have gotten us stuck in mirror mode, so I just want to make sure I am thinking about the right things.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38995
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here is more of the same course – we worked it on another day using food toys. If you find it’s the same feedback as above, don’t waste your time repeating yourself.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38947
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Kyla and I were working on River’s GO lines using the posted course:

    in reply to: Jen & River #38806
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    How do you communicate a rear without actually crossing behind them then? I have a ‘left’ cue (not that it worked all that well at the time), but how do they know to turn if you can’t put pressure on the line? Or do I just have a very narrow line upon which to put pressure?

    River’s appointment is Tuesday. I’m hoping for a rehab referral – I don’t think the vet will be able to find anything substantial. Thank you for asking.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38761
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, great. We will keep working this one and start looking at the rest.
    Of note: the 6 month old baby sport mixy mix thought this one was super fun and ran it clean (jump bumps) and I hardly had to move, LOL. The tunnel rear really messed Chief up in the second sequence. The goal was to stay behind the tunnel plane, right?

    in reply to: Jen & River #38687
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    This is the map from the live session this week.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38650
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    The training is not transferring to curves yet. Thoughts?
    https://www.wevideo.com/view/2760841958

    Also, here is an example of the sudden struggles we are having. We did weaves through AgilityU when she was younger, and though her head has always been up high, she got the entries and always weaved well. Now it’s a mess. She has a vet appointment next week.
    https://www.wevideo.com/view/2760870249

    Are there any of the course maps I should be working on? I feel like I don’t know where to go next at this point.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38364
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We are having sudden weave problems. I will be checking her out at a rehab vet: under confident, super slow, popping out.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38278
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,
    We are making some progress on toy races and I added and jump and a tunnel to our toy races and she really liked that a lot. Should I be saying/cue something? I feel like the default is GO GO GO but I feel like I’d have to say that all the way around the course! Should I just keep quiet?

    in reply to: Jen & River #38159
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant
    in reply to: Jen & River #38117
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here are my attempts to reward driving ahead on the Pkg 1 sequence:

    https://youtu.be/6VdyneDyrYk – Part 1
    https://youtu.be/uO7-oPvXiJY – Part 2
    https://youtu.be/uO7-oPvXiJY – Part 3

    We are having a weave pole crisis for some reason, so I cut that part out.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38116
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy, I did win the food races twice in a row, and it did make her quite determined the third time. She really struggles to pick up a toy that is on the ground, even a tug, so it’s a challenge to find something she can grab while running. She doesn’t love toys that much and basically disengages after a rep or two. She likes the ball because it’s moving, I think.

    I was worried that if I didn’t lead out, then she wouldn’t really be passing me. How close should I be when we start? If we’re starting together, how does she learn to pass? This is such a frustrating problem.

    in reply to: Jen & River #38095
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here are our attempts at passing drills:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 344 total)