Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & River #27616
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Oh, that sucks about Facebook!

    YouTube isn’t glitching: we gave up after I couldn’t get it. I’ll try a break arm, thanks.

    Oh, one thought as an add-on to the teeter course: using blankets, cardboard, tarps, etc under the down side to generalize surfaces. I discovered at a sand arena trial that we only remember how to 2o2o on grass. Oops. My hubby thought I should make shallow boxes with different surfaces in them to switch in and out. LOL

    in reply to: Jen & River #27588
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, we will keep working on the discriminations. Sorry for the puppy screaming! We were babysitting a BC/Lab puppy and she was not impressed with missing out on the ball and the running.

    Here is our attempt at the layering:

    in reply to: Jen & River #27541
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here is another go at our jump/tunnel discriminations. River is better than Chief for some reason! I tried to not move, and then move towards both (and not at any one in particular).

    https://www.wevideo.com/view/2440125218

    in reply to: Jen & River #27513
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy, trying to get caught up here. So dark, so soon now!

    https://www.wevideo.com/view/2440044276

    in reply to: Jen & River #27104
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    This one was supposed to post first but we had upload issues. Tunnel exits: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2426298827

    in reply to: Jen & River #27094
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Jump/Tunnel Discriminations

    in reply to: Jen & River #26979
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I called a Right on a tunnel at our trial this weekend and she nailed it!! We got our first title as a result- woo hoo!

    in reply to: Jen & River #26553
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    That makes so much sense about the directionals – they are already different! Thank goodness. I can’t remeber if you saw it, but Chief won overall highest points at Regionals this year! The ‘Nascar’ lines are a great analogy; I will definitely consider that in the future – I’ve always had a hard time figuring put when I should really connect for a tighter turn and when going wide would be better to maintain speed. If you’ve got some insight on that for River, I’d appreciate it.

    in reply to: Jen & River #26539
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I love that River got faster and faster! I think I know the answer, but should I have different 90° turn cues for jumps vs. tunnels? I used Left and Right, but I suspect that might cause confusion when there is a discrimination? I already have hard turn cues out of a tunnel.

    in reply to: Jen & River #22289
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Thank you so much for your thorough feedback, always.

    Oh! I found video footage of you telling me to use clear verbal markers for the 1,000th time:
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/42292462-0e97-4283-8025-212ecb8e2582

    Do you have any advice for revisiting running contacts while also teeter training? I am concerned that both behaviours will degrade once I try to put them back together.

    I don’t remember if I told you before, but I model all of my feedback to my high-schoolers after your feedback style. I always wonder if I’ve been too harsh, then I read it back later and I’m like: nope, perfect balance of praise and room for improvement (I know that the praise part can be tricky at times!…*cough cough*…verbal markers). Thank you for modeling this style to the dog-training world.

    I am looking forward to seeing you in person again some day. Can’t wait for the next course. Thank you 🙂

    in reply to: Jen & River #22273
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    The final frontier:

    in reply to: Jen & River #22240
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Clear markers are going to be our downfall. This was the first session with no warm ups on elevator games. Moved from larger target to smaller, but not covered yet. Used food on this one, but will switch to toy from this point on.

    in reply to: Jen & River #22194
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I think she was tired at the end of Part 1. It was HOT! None of the dogs are used to it yet. We went from 18°C to 30°C in a week.

    in reply to: Jen & River #22193
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Teeter on the road! Billboard target reduced to larger, clear target. No grass cover.
    https://youtu.be/P9eZwaONzL4 Part 1
    https://youtu.be/0P2vvr4lpPo Part 2

    in reply to: Jen & River #22160
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Cool 😎
    She has a hard time engaging with toys if food is available (it almost becomes a punisher). I’ll have to plan that strategically. We’re scheduled for our first “new” teeter tomorrow. Will have food on hand! Should I start with the elevator or crazy elevator in a new place still with a big target, or just use the smaller one and keep it uncovered?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 344 total)