Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Carol and Stitch #43143
    Carol
    Participant

    Howdy and good morning!

    NOSE TARGETS

    I won’t be able to make it to class tonight. Silas’s opening night for his play is tonight. So, I hopped in class last night and did some of the exercises while class was going on. πŸ™‚

    Here is our very first nose target session. I agree learning a nose target is a very important behavior and it can be used with/for several different games such as 2o2o, targeting end of planks, etc. If I remember correctly, we also used them to teach an “in in” or threadle. I’m hoping to teach a threadle so Stitch doesn’t look to me or my hand at all as this could take time off of a run and it can cause the dog to be handler focsed/dependent. But rather he will be focus forward and understand to lead change. This was a discussion that was had when I was up in Ohio with Stark.

    Anywho, here is our first session of nose targets.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32741
    Carol
    Participant

    Tracy, making sure you saw this session.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32716
    Carol
    Participant

    Independent Wraps part 2

    He did so much better on these. It’s like the lightbulb turned on!
    I even started adding in a tiny bit of movement towards the end.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32695
    Carol
    Participant

    Week 5. Transition to Trials

    He had some trouble in the very beginning with his left turns. I think he was so excited and just didn’t want to listen. 🀣 I backed it up and he finally turned on his thinking cap.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32628
    Carol
    Participant

    Week 5

    Wraps and Turns with adding height

    This is one video but two sessions on 2 different days.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32506
    Carol
    Participant

    Fast Line Game Wraps vs. Soft Turns

    We played this game again this morning based off of your feed back. It was great! He actually got angry a couple times with the wraps and I think it made him wrap tighter (knocked a bar once) and run out of the wrap faster (yikes!)

    He had one right turn when he ran around the wing, not sure why but he didn’t do it anymore. and then one left wrap where he did a soft turn instead.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32361
    Carol
    Participant

    WEEK 4 – Independent wraps

    We will need to stay at level 1 a little longer. This is his first time ever wrapping away from me.

    Notice how he is getting better at his set ups after a failed attempt. πŸ™‚
    We are getting a little better there. πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32343
    Carol
    Participant

    This is when my mind starts to go to mush because I feel like there are things from the previous weeks that I still need to work on and improve. I then get overwhelmed and I feel like I start putting gaps in the training because I have missed something from previous weeks! Eek!

    What do I need to work on with Stark from the previous weeks? Hellllp! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€ͺ

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32342
    Carol
    Participant

    WEEK 4 – Serpentines

    Stark had a tough time with this. He was determined that this drill should be a Threadle.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32341
    Carol
    Participant

    WEEK 4 – FAST LINE CHALLENGE

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32059
    Carol
    Participant

    Took a step back and just did slices.

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32055
    Carol
    Participant

    Okay, I drank my coffee this morning and hopefully did this correctly. LOL!

    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32052
    Carol
    Participant

    Backside wraps, I started a little further back but didn’t add many (if any) harder lines.

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32051
    Carol
    Participant

    comment in wrong place and couldn’t find the delete button.

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Carol with Stark #32043
    Carol
    Participant

    You have not seen me put his hand on his collar because he really does not like that. But I will try.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 316 total)