Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Carol
ParticipantToday’s session.
On the first full teeter as he was coming out of the tunnel he started to turn into me so he was off his line for the teeter but he quickly corrected himself and hopped on the teeter. What a super good boy.
After his 2 crazy elevator games I decided to do 1 more full teeter b/c the first one was wonky do to him coming off his line. I was thrilled with his performance.Carol
ParticipantHe had a home cooked Turkey burger as his reward.
Carol
ParticipantHere it is, our first full teeter!!!
Carol
Participant6 and 4? I think I’m having a blond moment 🤣… do you mean 6 and 4 as angles of entries? If so, what about other angles?
Carol
ParticipantOne quick training session tonight before I go teach class. 2 reps, that’s it. Only 1st set on pole open the finest bit.
Will do the rest of what you suggested at a later date. Needed to move the poles because I had to set up for his teeter games for tomorrow or Wednesday.
Carol
ParticipantI needed a glass just reading your post! 🤣
I’ll probably say teeter and then bottom. That’s what I do with Sizzle so I’m sure that would end up coming out of my mouth at some point if I “tried” to change it up for Stark. So I’ll be easy on myself and leave it the same.
Teeter then bottom.
Carol
ParticipantOpened up the 2X2s just a tiny bit. I counted 10 reps but actually did 13. LOL 😆 But didn’t do anymore. I realized after watching the video I reversed my left and right wrap verbals. I’m guessing it was because I was tired from the trial. I’ll try to pay closer attention to that for the future.
He missed a couple in here but his success rate was much higher than my last post.
Carol
ParticipantI’m ready for that bottle of wine now.
Carol
ParticipantGreat!
I actually was using my wrap verbal which is why I think he actually didn’t go in the tunnel. But it’s so inviting that he went wide. The threadle arm instinctual went up b/c I saw him go wide. LOL
His verbal for the weaves will be “weave”. How unique!! 🤣 so I will start using that.
I’ll open up the poles some to get a higher success rate.Thanks!!
Carol
ParticipantSix straight poles! (using 2x2s)
Ignoring the tunnel entry to go to weaves is HARD! Starky wuvs da tunnel. This was not my plan but just happened to be where things were set up. Overall, it is probabaly good for him to learn he doesn’t always take a tunnel. LOLWe had some misses.
– I had to take a big step to support a hard entry turning to his right.
– I had to slow down a couple times with straight entries
– I had to open the poles a little a couple times with entries on his leftCarol
Participantelevator game:
my plan was to do 2 on right and 2 on left. I ended up doing a third rep with dog on left b/c I wasn’t sure if I saw hesitation. On that last rep, it was there. So decided just to do some rewarding for running to the end of the board. I figured it couldn’t hurt reinfocring the running to the end of the board behavior.
I go to LU this afternoon and will reinforce him running to the end of the board there as well.Carol
ParticipantI added a barrel at the end of the plank instead of a wing. I think he picked it up nicely. It brought on some more enthusiasm from him so he had a few more misses. I guess that’s to be expected? I’ll do the other side and a few more practices with the barrel straight in front to make sure his success rate increases, then I will start to move the barrel at different angles.
Carol
ParticipantI’ll post something on FB and ask.
Carol
ParticipantWhat we have is actual stick poles, not 2×2 or channels. Not sure if that would make a difference in the training plan.
Carol
ParticipantSo I moved my weaves to a different location, kept a the wings and added the tunnel. Not exactly like the last find’em game you posted but we will get there. I mixed in some hard entries in with easy ones. I also added in the tunnel at the end.
Right now they are set up like channels. I did them as 2×2 when we first started with finding entries. With all the info posted on both ways to train, I am not sure where to go from here. Do I just stick with the channels from here??
Do I continue with the find’em games and with 6 channels or do I add in the other 6?
So many questions. LOL
Here is our video of our latest practice.
-
AuthorPosts