Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22087
    Carol
    Participant

    Definitely over aroused!! He chowed down on the meat prior too. Also after the session was over, I brought him back to the target where the meat still was and he gobbled it up.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22049
    Carol
    Participant

    I actually had the meat at the end of the teeter for him but he wouldn’t eat it. That’s why there was an awkward pause on the last teeter. I was waiting to see if he was going to eat it but he didn’t care about it. He was just waiting for me to release so he could run. So, what I got from that was it’s more rewarding for him to be released than to stay and eat.

    And yes, I also saw the arm flinging and was irritated at myself. It’s soooo hard to get rid of that muscle memory behavior. Ugh. Keep after me.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22050
    Carol
    Participant

    I actually had the meat at the end of the teeter for him but he wouldn’t eat it. That’s why there was an awkward pause on the last teeter. I was waiting to see if he was going to eat it but he didn’t care about it. He was just waiting for me to release so he could run. So, what I got from that was it’s more rewarding for him to be released than to stay and eat.

    And yes, I also saw the arm flinging and was irritated at myself. It’s soooo hard to get rid of that muscle memory behavior. Ugh. Keep after me.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22023
    Carol
    Participant

    We used the target and he had gyro meat for his reward this session. The bang and elevator games were fabulous. I put the meat on the target for the full teeter. I think (for the full teeter) he was so excited to be ready go when he was at the end of the teeter that he wouldn’t eat. LOL

    I Did the full teeter 3x. Which was too much as his last rep was considerably slower. I know I deserve a good lecture. Believe me, you were in my head after I did it.

    His teeter end behavior was fantastic. He broke early once but he was staying and front legs were on the ground.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #22021
    Carol
    Participant

    I worked on some find’ems at LU yesterday but they had 12 poles set so I had to use those so I didn’t do many. I have a nice little course set up in my backyard and I will hopefully get to those tomorrow. Today I’m just too tired.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21904
    Carol
    Participant

    I thought I had the camera on… wrong! LOL
    Anyway, at LU, I worked on the crazy bang game a couple times then did the teeter. He was not that crazy. I thought I could push him to go a little faster on the teeter.

    I realized the camera was off so I turned it on. 🙂 I added a little mini course with the teeter at the end. That did the trick! He did break his position at the end each time but it was out of excitement and not worry. So he gave me information that I need to get him CRAZY and then do the regular bang game and REALLY push that end behavior on him.

    Here is our 2 reps on camera.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21826
    Carol
    Participant

    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little when I read this. 🤣

    He is in a handling class but we don’t use the teeter. But I can come in early and add in the teeter.

    I have a couple places I could rent and do the teeter, Lynn’s and Paige’s but that involves finding the time to drive there. I’ll work on making that a priority.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21810
    Carol
    Participant

    This was our teeter tour from last night.
    3 times and done.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #21809
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is our boxcar game as well as adding in some various handling. Also a session at LU adding in visuals of other obstacles.

    He is starting to whine in the weaves. Tomorrow I’m going to watch the handing game and work on that. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21772
    Carol
    Participant

    Our session at home today.
    His full teeter was no where near as driven as it was a LU the other day. After this session I have decided not to have him go from the tunnel to the teeter again for a while and/or I need to have the tunnel exit further from the teeter. I could see where he changes lead to come in to me but then changed back to take the teeter. This effected his end performance.
    The elevator game with adding in more movement and reinforcement for distraction at the end was excellent.

    I go to LU this afternoon and I’m going to do 2 reps there. One crazy elevator and on full with out a tunnel and see the difference in his performance.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #21714
    Carol
    Participant

    When you say missteps, do you mean slight variations in his striding or missed entries/poles?

    Yes, that’s exactly what I meant! Thank you for cleaning up my words for me. 😃

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21700
    Carol
    Participant

    I’m freaking celebrating!!! Holy crap!

    First teeter tour was a success!!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #21693
    Carol
    Participant

    Okie dokie we have been doing some homework behind the scenes. I videoed today. Here is Stark doing 6 & 6. I feel like he has got a great understanding of the object and is doing very nicely with his footing. He still has a couple small missteps but his accuracy outweighs any missteps.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21547
    Carol
    Participant

    I’ll work on his teeter at LU next week. This weekend it’s ocean and discs!!!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #21546
    Carol
    Participant

    The teeter was on a straight approach. He just turned into me coming out of the tunnel. It was the exact same line as the day before. Kevin and I worked very hard to make sure the teeter was a PERFECTLY straight approach coming out of the tunnel.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 316 total)