Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol LYD 2021!! #24522
    Carol
    Participant

    Do you feel that teaching a tight right and tight left verbal would be beneficial?

    Stark’s right and left is a soft right and left. So tight pinwheels could be a problem. Thank you AKC.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol LYD 2021!! #24240
    Carol
    Participant

    Threadle wraps

    Here is a video of our first couple sessions on threadle wraps. I was pretty pleased with how quickly he picked it up but I think that’s because of all of the fabulous foundation work from AU. 🙂

    We are headed out of town for a long weekend at the beach. I have my skills drill set up to do for when we get back. 🙂

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol LYD 2021!! #23933
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is some verbal work and motion override work. There was not much traction on these mats so I did not move much or go above a walk.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol LYD 2021!! #23931
    Carol
    Participant

    I don’t see the maps for the sequences for success posted.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol LYD 2021!! #23203
    Carol
    Participant

    Hi ya! Yes, I have him jumping 16” and he feels he needs to fly over the jumps and go really fast and that decelerating is dumb. We have to work on our turns at this height. Which I tried to do this morning. I did the exact same set up and went off of your feed back. I think we did a little better this morning.

    This week I plan to replace the teeter with the weaves. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol LYD 2021!! #23061
    Carol
    Participant

    We worked on the first set of Sequences for Success using the teeter. I was pretty pleased with how we did. I used a target plate and food to help reward the end behavior. When Stark was on my left with the teeter, I noticed he jumped up at my hand after the jump. My toy was in the hand so I swithced it for hte next forund. The next time I did it, he jumped and barked again. I noticed that I gave a verbal pretty late so maybe that is why??
    Anywho, here is the video. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22312
    Carol
    Participant

    I would first acclimate to the environment in general with a little short fast fun sequence, jumps and tunnels, yeeeehaw!!! When he is acclimated (which will happen pretty quickly) show him the teeter with a bit of bang game for nice big rewards, just one rep on each side.
    Then take a break while he is still high and before he settles in (and don’t do any other stuff, just let him chill.”

    We definitely did exactly this. What I did not do is bring Sizzle. We did the weaves at the very end when we were leaving. We took chill breaks, he drank water rolled in the grass and got some great belly scratches.

    I will definitely bring Sizzle next time. Also I’ll set up straight approaches. The discs only come out for disc class and the teeter. I actually haven’t seen him love one toy over the other but the discs are special.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #22295
    Carol
    Participant

    When we were getting ready to leave our teeter tour the other night I decided to try the weaves with Stark. It was set up to practice a nice threadle exit. I didn’t do many of these as it was hot and at the end of our training session, plus there were 12 poles and I would rather do this with 6 (which I will practice this more at home with 6). Our success rate was low, 50% but I was was having to feel out how fast/slow I could move and how far from the exit I could be also I didn’t want to do anymore. We could have had a higher success rate if we kept going but I quit while we were ahead.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22292
    Carol
    Participant

    We went on our first tour the other day. I was happy with how he handled a new environment especially since it was on an active working farm. We followed your plan which went nicely. We ended the session with one full teeter. his dinner (raw beef) was out front of the teeter as a reward.

    The rewards gradually increased as the difficulty increased. We started with chicken and a toy, then went to hotdog and toy, then went to 1/2 his raw for the last elevator game before he did the whole teeter.

    I could see where he was trying to feel out where the tipping point of the teeter was but he kept going. So I’m guessing this was a good full teeter??
    I’m hoping that by doing this tour his confidence will increase on the teeter over time and it will get faster.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Carol.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #22189
    Carol
    Participant

    EXTREME RC Take 1!

    Action!!

    There were a couple entries that he struggled with. I worked on making it easier for him when he was not successful. It took a handful of tries but once he got it, the light turned on.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #22188
    Carol
    Participant

    On it! watched some videos this morning. My list of things to work on include:
    Extreme Rear crosses
    Serp Exits
    Counter motion
    Threadle Entries

    I think we can get this done all in one session. Hahaaa! Just kidding. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22186
    Carol
    Participant

    TEETER PLAY TODAY. I starte with the bang game, then did the crazy elevator game, then the full teeter. Still not extremly driving to the end but it was, okay. I’m guessing with the arousal of a trial environment it will get faster???

    I tried to get his arousal up by doing a little mini course and well, that made things worse. He stopped in the middle of the teeter. I had a couple of pieces of chicken left so I ended with a crazy elevator game with chicken and then a quick release.

    So, I am wondering…… with my paps, I put a spoon/measuring cup on the end of the teeter and they got rewarded for running to the end and driving down while I was away from the teeter. I am thinking this may not be a bad idea for Stark.

    We are doing a teeter tour this Thursday to Paige’s house and I need to set a game plan for Stark. I only rented the ring for 30 minutes. I don’t need all that time to do his teeter.

    Oh! Here is the video from this morning.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #22171
    Carol
    Participant

    I’ve got to work threadle entries as well. I really haven’t worked those at all.
    Probably because that is a weakness of mine and I don’t know how to really teach it. LOL

    “ serping across the exit from ahead” do you have an example of that?

    Did Electra pick them up pretty easy?

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Weaves #22149
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is some more find’em tracks using 6 poles.

    I he had a tough time coming to me out of the poles. He was locked on the jump in front. I had to break it down for him.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #22099
    Carol
    Participant

    Very border collie too.
    I was trying to wait to see if he would eat. That’s why he was on the end for so long. LOL
    So I ended up releasing to the toy. Then afterwards he ate it. Which at that point had no association with the teeter behavior. LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 316 total)