Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Carol
ParticipantI actually wasn’t saying weave. I was saying WEEE! as a sound (because WEEE! is fun) and then this morning realized that is too close to weave. LOL (fail) so now I have to come up with another sound. Ha!
When at LU I will try to find space with no equipment next time. The equipement is set up for hte week so I can’t move it. 🙂
Carol
ParticipantI wasn’t planning on doing a session at LU this morning but they had a little something already set up so I decided to seize the moment. Especially after yesterday.
Did he weight shift too early on the teeter or am I just seeing things? Overall I thought he seemed pretty confident on it.
Maybe the brainwashing is starting to take affect????
Carol
ParticipantSecond session, new location
I think he has picked this up quite nicely.Question about threadles to the weaves….. use a diffferent verbal?? Use a threadle arm??? just say your normal verbal Q for weaves and the dogs will figure it out??
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by
Carol.
Carol
ParticipantMinor set back with the uphills today. The rubber stopper hit the food tray thing which then caused the lid to flip up in the air when Stark got to the end. Naturally this freaked him out and he bailed off of the top.
I adjusted the teeter assist and attempted it again. Stark bailed on the way up. So I adjusted the teeter assist so there would be no tip and decided to try and send Stark from the opposite side, trying to change the picture for him. He had a successful teeter when I did this. I stopped with that successful one and we had a party.
Video belowCarol
ParticipantWeight shifting – outside
Carol
ParticipantHere we go!! Adding value to the poles and a little bit of movement b/c he picked it up super quick.
Carol
ParticipantHey Tracy,
I had another weight shifting video posted. Not sure if you saw that one or not. 🙂
Carol
ParticipantYes, I can use it before lessons start for the day. It is nice. 🙂
I would love to see some video of the flyball work. That is basically what I felt like I did this morning with using my hand to send, hit, then drive away.
Carol
ParticipantOkay, confession time. I read your post as add in the bottom of the DW which is a lesson in week 2. We haven’t done that. So I tried it this morning. I had to put the mat on the ground at the bottom of the DW because when I tried it on the dw he was like WTF is this?! So I quickly realized I will have to gradually move the mat on the dw.
Here is a video from our first session with this.
I did a second session with the mat on the DW. I thought I filmed it but never hit record. I sat down on the floor between the mat and MM. he got a little sticky on the mat thinking it was 2o2o which is what we are doing and learning for the teeter. I used my hand to toss a cookie towards the MM. I know I will have to fade the hand quickly but it seemed to help get him off the mat. I assume understanding this behavior will take a couple of sessions until he can start to understand that this is different from 2o2o.
I can try the actual plank later on as well. LOL
Carol
ParticipantQuick video of table/ down ramp.
I did little to no tip today. I wanted this to be quick and fun with high rate or reinforcement.On another topic, I was working on our RC today. It was recommended that he try hitting the mat from the ground to the bottom of the dog walk (like the exercise in the RC class). Stark got stuck and was confusing it with 2o2o. I can see where this would happen especially since we are currently working on that in this class. So I sat down on the floor and tossed a cookie towards the MM when he hit the mat on the bottom of the DW. The movement of the hand tossing the cookie helped him be less sticky on the mat. I know I will quickly have to fade out the hand. But I was hoping to get your perspective on this and teaching both behaviors at the same time and him getting confused. I do feel that the overall training picture of both behaviors does look a little different at the moment but he picked up the bottom of the DW as the 2o2o. I don’t have any video. I thought I was Filming but, nope. Not so much.
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by
Carol.
Carol
ParticipantAre second round of weight shifting. I put a disk under the bosu board to make it a little more unstable. I also threw cookies for him to get so would then turn and run back up the board.
Carol
ParticipantI tried a wing to the MM this morning. I still didn’t love what I was seeing. I felt like he didn’t really care about the food in the MM.
I did another session this afternoon with 2 wings and rewarding with just a toy in my hand. No MM.
I was much happier with his performance. What can I do to to make this even better? Like should I be placing the reward in a different place, or throwing it, etc.???? Kee doing the same thing???Here is video from this morning and then this afternoon.
Carol
ParticipantThat’s my Lofi beats on Spotify. Great music to have in the background while working. LOL
Carol
ParticipantWe got to do teeter between 2 tables tables and focus on the down ramp today. This is the first time he has done this outside of home. The first few times there was little to no tip. He definitely was a little worried but he quickly figured out he knew the game, it was safe, and he was ready to roll.
Carol
ParticipantI think we have a beginning to something….
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts