Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18571
    Carol
    Participant

    If I wanted to do this indoors, would a contact board be too short?

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18569
    Carol
    Participant

    I have a bosu ball, papillon size peanut and large peanuts.

    Yes, I have a dog walk ramp.

    He has done some elevator game. Should I do some of this as well to see his weight shifting or lack there of?

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18566
    Carol
    Participant

    Just watched the new game. Question,
    Won’t the elevator game work with teaching weight shifting???

    I don’t have the materials to teach this game you just posted.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18550
    Carol
    Participant

    he stopped short and lifted his head and kinda leaned back, which is the international sign for “I don’t know what I need to do with my body as the board is moving under me more”.

    I totally see what you are saying with the last rep. I was also asking him to drive ahead which was probably part of his body language there. We will keep the tip at this level. Looking forward to us learning a new game.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18543
    Carol
    Participant

    Mountain Climbers –
    I started out today back at about the 1″ish tip (guessing) and then dropped it to about 3″ish after 2 reps. He did great. Next session, I will plan to start at the 3″ish drop.

    Teeter down hill –
    I started where I stopped off at yesterday. I felt like maybe he was hopping off to avoid the bang, not 100% sure but I wanted to be positivie. I decided to rotate my set up so he was running to the teeter assist for food. He was a little bit slower when going after the food but not hesitent. I added in some tip, which he didn’t seem to mind.
    My plan is to pick up exaclty where is left off for our next session but probably use his raw to see if I can get some more drive to the end.

    I did get him playing before all his sessions, I just cut that part out.

    Bang Game and end position with wobble next. I have to get creative with the wobble as I don’t have a wobble board.-

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18520
    Carol
    Participant

    Mountain Climbers

    I started the session with about a little tip. I liked what I saw so I lowered it a little. It’s probably at a 3” tip now.

    He did really good with these. The session stayed super short, I think 4 reps total.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18516
    Carol
    Participant

    Quite possibly the funniest video I have done thus far.

    Teeter between tables going down. I added in some tip later in the later session of the day. No problems!! The flying squirrel is the magic ticket.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #18388
    Carol
    Participant

    Our most recent session. He kind of got stuck on the mat so I tried a toy. Then he was confused if he should get the toy (poor boy LOL) so I brought the MM back out.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18273
    Carol
    Participant

    Mountain Climbers this morning at LU. I put the drop down just a fraction of a smidgen lower. He didn’t even notice. I also wanted to work on him driving ahead on a couple of the reps. At first he was like, what?! And then said okay! He did not like it when I hung back and rearcrossed the teeter. So I didn’t do that one again.

    This afternoon I think we will do some teeter between 2 tables at home.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #18255
    Carol
    Participant

    I tried some around the clock in our backyard today. Oof, it was rough. I tried again at LU and it was much better. I have video of us there. I’m still not feeling like he is grasping the concept or improving but I’ll keep trying.

    Also, I learned that I need to work on this outside in grass too!! LOL

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18253
    Carol
    Participant

    Here are a couple more sessions of Mountain Climbers. One in our backyard and one at LU. Really happy with them both. He was a little more lively at LU but I think that’s becUse his friends were there. LOL

    At home:

    At LU:

    Here is a video of the Bang Game a little closer to the end of the end of the teeter.
    He self released once. The only food reward I had out there was peanut butter so that was interesting. 🤣

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18237
    Carol
    Participant

    It’s a Mad agility teeter

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18232
    Carol
    Participant

    Where in the world to you place the bar part of the teeter assist under the teeter?
    I like to place it so it is behind the rubber stoppers on the underneath of my teeter because I feel like it’s a safer place but then the target plate is not long enough for the dog to be rewarded.

    Do you place it on the rubber stoppers to reduce noise??

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18211
    Carol
    Participant

    Wow. We were writing one another at the same time. LOL!🤣

    in reply to: Stark & Carol – Teeters #18209
    Carol
    Participant

    Mountain Climber with a tiny bit of movement.
    He loved it!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 316 total)