Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol #17645
    Carol
    Participant

    I added in some cheese on the ground, whoa!! His mind was blown!! I then used the MM and had the toy in my hand. That went better than the food on the ground.

    I tried him running straight at the end. Those couple of reps went well.

    Should I take the mat out the box at all or keep it there? Should I put this on the dog walk yet? Ill add a wing before the mat next practice? Just trying to get some ideas. 🙂

    When should I name the behavior?

    Thanks!!

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17634
    Carol
    Participant

    It was so nice out I had to try to do something. The yard kept sucking in my shoes though. 🤣
    Here are a few sessions of the teeter throughout the day today.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17632
    Carol
    Participant

    Some more mat proofing. These were mini session made into one video.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17596
    Carol
    Participant

    I think his understanding of the word “Bottom” is fairly good. That’s our verbal foe the 2o2o behavior. Here is a video of that. His very first rep in this video I had him jump on the plank and then asked for the behavior and I think that confused him a little so I just went straight into asking it from the side of the plank. No hesitation there.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17498
    Carol
    Participant

    Our yard is one big giant water and mud puddle. I got some teeter practice in at LU today. I was really pleased with how he handled it!!! Using the tunnel and having other dogs out practicing really kept his arousal level up.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17497
    Carol
    Participant

    Today we took the inverted plank and worked on it at our training facility while some of the other instructors were practicing too.

    Stark was a little (a lot!)jacked up. LOL
    I also introduced the MM to the B&F game.

    Here is Inverted with distractions and some B&F

    Here is the B&F With intro to the MM

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17488
    Carol
    Participant

    Stark got adjusted this morning, his pelvis was out so that might have attributed to him not turning left as much.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17473
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is some more inverted box and adding some food as distraction. I’m really feeling good about his hits on this.

    Inverted turning left.
    He still had a few questions on which way to turn but I think he will figure it out. Should I try standing next time?

    Inverted turning right & standing with they distraction of movement. I thought he did pretty dang good here. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17472
    Carol
    Participant

    Should I be adding anymore of the lesson 2 games on to what we are doing at this time or keep doing what we are doing?

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17339
    Carol
    Participant

    Inverted mat – I felt like with this next session he was still trotting so I stopped to regroup and played with him to get his arousal level up. Bam! That did the

    B & F Inverted – I think when I switched sides he had gotten a little full and tired. I also noticed that he didn’t consistently turn into me when I switched sides and he had to turn right. Again, not sure if he was tired or if he is still trying to figure it all out.

    I do feel like the bigger box helped. I cut a mat with almost a 12X19 dimension and the box was made to fit that.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17275
    Carol
    Participant

    Back & Forth with an inverted mat.

    After these last 2 sessions, I made a box large enough to fir the mat. I felt like this box was just a little too small for him.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17273
    Carol
    Participant

    Makes total sense!!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17272
    Carol
    Participant

    Inverted mat

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17264
    Carol
    Participant

    Adding a little bit of drop.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17254
    Carol
    Participant

    Were you explaining something more like this for the teeter??

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Carol.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 316 total)