Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol #17251
    Carol
    Participant

    My field is all mud. šŸ™

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17246
    Carol
    Participant

    Thanks for clarifying. I’ll get creative as I don’t have a taller table.
    Now will you please tell this horrible weather to stop! I’d love to train my dogs outside.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17220
    Carol
    Participant

    ā€œ Also, I think you can use the lower teeter set up from the teeter tables game and add more height that way for now – he is still running back and forth across the teeter with some tip and lots of wildness, but the teeter is full height – you would just need taller things like a full height table to support each side.ā€

    I’m not exactly sure what you are describing.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #17190
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is a video of a cumulative of short practices over the past week or so. This includes some tunnel practice from week 9.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16647
    Carol
    Participant

    I hear ya. Today was novice handling class and that’s what he loves, to run!!
    Here is a snap shot of class today. You are seeing the final product but in all of these I broke them down before he ran the mini courses.

    I did get in a little bit of wobble board at LU today. He progressed so nicely! And yes, we have had foam blocks under the board so it doesn’t wobble as much.

    Stark also did his teeter foe breakfast this morning. He ran on it between 2 tables. I added in the tunnel and toy. Whoa! So fun!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16646
    Carol
    Participant

    I hear ya. Today was novice handling class and that’s what he loves, to run!!
    Here is a snap shot of class today. You are seeing the final product but in all of these I broke them down before he ran the mini courses.

    I did get in a little bit of wobble board at LU today. He progressed so nicely! And yes, we have had foam blocks under the board so it doesn’t wobble as much.

    Stark also did his teeter foe breakfast this morning. He ran on it between 2 tables. I added in the tunnel and toy. Whoa! So fun!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16645
    Carol
    Participant

    I was able to squeeze in about a minute of mat work today at our training center. There was a lot going on while we were doing it. So I didn’t hold off on just jackpotting the good hits but rewarding him for every hit because the environment was so distracting.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16616
    Carol
    Participant

    Hiya! Here is version 2 of wiggle it just a little bit – the home edition.
    Another long video as it captions the few little sessions I did throughout the day.

    We went to LU last night and today but I don’t have video from there. But, we did a wooden wobble board and he was not liking it. I got him to put a paw on it and then I threw a treat away from the board. I did that with him last night and today. Both lessons probably lasted a total of 3 minutes. We did not get any further today but we didn’t regress. I also got him on an elevated flat teeter and going across 2, 16ā€ tables. I added in him running through the tunnel after her ran across the teeter. Whoa! He loved that. I added in the finest bit of movement. He poopooed that but did it anyway. I didn’t ask him to do that much at all. We called it quits. I probably won’t be able to do that with him again until next week. I can stop by there and do the disc with him again though.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16545
    Carol
    Participant

    Warning, this video is long.
    I did some wobble board but what really is a Bosu board and some wobbly plank work today. 2 different sessions today. He got more confident as his arousal level increased. I’ll keep doing this in my office during the day. I’ll also do some at LU when I go.
    Thanks for your help on this.

    I titled this video wiggle it just a little bit. I think this just might be our theme song for a while.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16517
    Carol
    Participant

    I did the bang game at home this morning, he had no problem. Which was nice. We only did it twice, once in each side.

    I then raised the teeter for him to do the mountain climber once on each side. We are back to square one. Literally, back to the very beginning. Sigh.

    I’m wondering if I take a different approach and start these at a lower height and then work our way up??

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16505
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is one more for building value and then I started some of the back and forth game for him.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16504
    Carol
    Participant

    First teeter away from his home teeter. It is a baby teeter that we have at LU. Naturally he was freaked out by it. He didn’t like any of the movement at all. I did get him to jump on it when it wasn’t moving, but barley.

    On another session I got him to walk up it and get cookies at the end with the board being stationary. But I don’t have that on video.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16499
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is some more mat work for Stark. We were at another location and I had to improvise for a mat but I think it worked. LOL

    After the first few reps I started throwing in different locations so he would have to find the mat when he turned around. Some of the throws are off camera. Sorry about that. I thought I’m he figured things out nicely.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16366
    Carol
    Participant

    Well, 1 step forward and 2 steps back. And pizza crust is not good enough.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16343
    Carol
    Participant

    A little bit of mat work and elevated mat work for Stark. I’ve got to remember to mark the behavior, which I got better at in the video once I remembered 🤣. Also I’ve got to remember to watch the mat for paws, not the dog.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 316 total)