Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol #16337
    Carol
    Participant

    Hey T,

    Bringing this up again before I put Stark back on the teeter.

    I had been focusing on 2o2o but yesterday I left the criteria lax in an effort to just have fun. I am a little concerned of 2o2o and wondering if I should do 4 on? Last I weighed him he was 17 or 18 pounds. Can’t remember.
    I noticed that the other Pizza’s were doing 4 on. Thoughts??

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16294
    Carol
    Participant

    This is not a new place for him. He knows that fun things happen in this ring. But with that being said, his arousal does increase when he gets there as compared to his arousal in our backyard. It does not get over the top to where he can’t listen to me. He is still able to hold a sit stay.
    He did get to high and frustrated when trying the table. I had to get him refocused and ask for some different behaviors such as a spin and a twirl and then he was fine.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16292
    Carol
    Participant

    I had been focusing on 2o2o but yesterday I left the criteria lax in an effort to just have fun. I am a little concerned of 2o2o and wondering if I should do 4 on. Last I weighed him he was 17 or 18 pounds. Can’t remember.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16270
    Carol
    Participant

    Our first baby dog handling class. Things I learned from today, 1. Stark feels that the table is the dumbest obstacle he has seen so far and 2. he likes to go fast.

    Here is a sneak peek.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16268
    Carol
    Participant

    Okay!! So lowered the teeter today and did some bang game. I also let him run back and forth on it and let him slam it to the ground. I think he had fun.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16225
    Carol
    Participant

    More teeter work. The first video is of yesterday before your feedback and the second is video from this morning.

    Happy Inauguration Day!!!!

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16145
    Carol
    Participant

    I did some teetering with our plank tonight. Level 1 was with 1 pillow. I don’t have that on film but I have level 2 and 3. This was good for him. I’ll keep this up and get inventive. Maybe lower the teeter to the ground and do this outside as well. We will have to see how low it can go.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16141
    Carol
    Participant

    I feel discouraged because I don’t feel like we have advanced at all.
    Here are our 2 reps from tonight.

    I’ll put some things out that move that we can do in the house.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #16040
    Carol
    Participant

    Feeling a little discouraged with the teeter this morning. I’m going to try different treats tonight. Probably his raw. He has been skeptical with the teeter since he did one drop and it was only a half inch, maybe an inch drop. Tonight for the teeter, the plan is two reps with high level reinforcement and leave it at 2 reps. no matter what.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15977
    Carol
    Participant

    The teeter video was actually 2 days of practice. I really was wearing different clothes! That doesn’t happen all the time. LOL!
    Sorry I didn’t state that.
    He actually only did one bigger drop (which was probably 1/2” to an 1” difference)and I left it alone. Then we went back to his original height to get his confidence back up, which it still is not back as we can see in the video. So it won’t be dropped again until we think he is ready.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15968
    Carol
    Participant

    Teeter 1” drop (or so) and then back up to no movement.

    Tunnel entries and exits. On worked on Go and Right. We are ready to them all together.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15863
    Carol
    Participant

    Stark worked on the same thing as Sizzle today.
    Backside slices. I was really impressed with him on these.

    Wing Wraps with a sit. Learning to use the hind end. I thought he picked this up nicely.

    Zig Zags -Part 2

    Teeter with Movement. Hells yeah!

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Carol.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15797
    Carol
    Participant

    I took the mat outside today. Hahaa…. I had one wild boy. https://youtu.be/nMacja56fAQ

    A little more teeter work. He is gotten nice and confident. https://youtu.be/-aJNemyie-c

    We did some work on backsides, backside wraps and rear crosses. But no video.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15571
    Carol
    Participant

    RC (running contacts, not rear crosses LOL)

    I started the criteria of rear foot hit only today. He doesn’t know what that means yet but I’m guessing he will figure it out quickly. I also added a little angle to make it a little harder.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15540
    Carol
    Participant

    Breakfast for Teeter Day 6 Including the Bang Game – https://youtu.be/ScVu1WChUTI

    watch his rear legs when he jumps onto the end of the teeter from his right side. See how he lifts his rear leg up? Is that okay, should I be concerned? I’m trying not to be a helicopter mom but, well, it’s hard.

    Backsides and rear crosses

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Carol.
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 316 total)