Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stark & Carol #15441
    Carol
    Participant

    Big morning for Stark and the teeter!
    Day 5 of doing the teeter for breakfast and he is driving ahead. Yay!

    Tonight for dinner my plan is to only do one repetition of driving ahead and the other part of dinner will be for the end of the board behavior.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15161
    Carol
    Participant

    I know I posted a lot yesterday. 🤣
    This was our teeter day 4.

    I’m taking my plank in the road with us. We quarantined and now going to visit my MIL until Friday.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15160
    Carol
    Participant

    I haven’t put criteria to it yet but no time like the present.
    What should the criteria be for hitting the mat?
    Both rear feet hit the mat?

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15116
    Carol
    Participant

    I think I have asked this before but what verbal do you use for this move?

    Do we/did we go over this? I missed it.

    Basically it’s a push to the backside going away from the handler.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15104
    Carol
    Participant

    We are premature but here is a RC mat session.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15103
    Carol
    Participant

    Concept Transfer – Straight Lines 4 Ways
    I had to really break this down. Stark forgot what a straight line and “Go” was so I sat the toy out front for a couple reps. That really helped jog his memory.
    I mixed in a couple wraps and and he said check! Got this.

    His backside are weaker than wraps but we have not done nearly as much training with these. So I had to start in front of one jump with little motion. I was able to quickly add a second jump and more movement. This was nice to see. He appeared to be good on both sides.

    His rear crosses are basically non existing. I think I need to break these down some more and focus on these. He really does not understand them and that’s because we really haven’t spent much time on them at all.

    I only worked on the right RC as we did these last and I thought are training session had gone long enough.

    Next time I’d like to start with rear crosses and also add some backside wraps. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15100
    Carol
    Participant

    Excellent, I will plan on taking this with me to my MIL this week. What are your thoughts with adding in a peanut underneath so the board wiggles? Of course the peanut will be stationary so it can’t roll.

    Here is the teeter for breakfast Day 4. I don’t necessarily see him speeding up but he is not hesitating so that is a good thing.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #15072
    Carol
    Participant

    I see you Lazy Contact game and raise you to Lazy stay warm contacts. 🤣

    I added in some mountain climb using the plank. I figured it would be another good way to increase confidence. I also tried to experiment with him coming back down the plank and doing 2o2o. I was in his way so he came off the side so I quickly bagged that idea.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14995
    Carol
    Participant

    Hi ya and Merry Christmas Eve!!!

    The only training I have been able to do is the teeter because I can run out and do it quickly. Hahaa!! I did sneak in some lazy game but that’s not on video. So more videos of the teeter for you. I think on Christmas I will get to work on the games that you posted for this week. Yay!!

    Snacks for Teeter Day 2. I did this after your feedback from yesterday. https://youtu.be/UPcPyWuOb58

    Dinner for Teeter Day 2 – https://youtu.be/3GD50AJBvng

    Breakfast for Teeter Day 3 –

    He is now offering to get on the teeter without being promoted. This is good news but I also need to keep an eye on him to make sure this doesn’t happen because I don’t want anything scary to happen.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Carol.
    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14967
    Carol
    Participant

    Teeter for breakfast.
    What I have noticed is that for some reason he does not like to do the bang game on his right side. I don’t think it’s the sound of the bang. Maybe it’s because I have the jump wing there??? I have it there because it has helped him jump on The teeter better (better body position). You know how sometimes dogs will kind of fling their rear to the other side or kind of jump over the teeter??
    Maybe I’ll try it without for dinner.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14953
    Carol
    Participant

    I have video of Stark doing the teeter for his dinner. He was great with the bang game on his left side but was a little hesitant on his right. I’m not sure why.

    His first time going up the teeter he was a little concerned and was a little more confident doing it the second time.

    I will continue this tomorrow.

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14936
    Carol
    Participant

    I started doing to teeter for breakfast this morning. It IS hard to resist temptation to do multiple reps!! Stark was amped up and offering getting on the teeter so… I told myself only do 2 reps. One on the left of the teeter and one on the right. I felt like it was a happy medium. 🤣
    He did great. I basically had to pull him off the teeter to get him to wait.
    We also did a bang game, one on each side for the rest of his meal. 2 perfect reps.

    We stopped after that and it left him looking at me and saying WTF mom!! Hahaa!!
    Will do our dinner tonight as well 🙂
    Thank you for the suggestions. I don’t think it will take too long doing it this way. I’ll get his dinner rep. on film tonight and post.

    Hiking today. 🙂

    Hopefully we will get some other training in as well. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14803
    Carol
    Participant

    We had some more fun with a longer plank, and added in the tunnel with the lazy game. Also, did some more teeter work. He was a lot more hesitant with the teeter this go round but he worked through it.

    Teeter – https://youtu.be/lyLynWrqbLA

    Plank work – https://youtu.be/2xAx6i-236s

    Lazy Game – https://youtu.be/HGlIj9jRaTg

    Teeter on the way out of the field – https://youtu.be/EZApHm0qjNg

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14730
    Carol
    Participant

    Here is some board work. We are inside this morning. Everything is frozen outside. 🙂

    in reply to: Stark & Carol #14477
    Carol
    Participant

    Yes, keep bugging me about my pointy mcpointerson and steps!! 🤣

    Teeter game- he doesn’t necessarily like the movement. I would say the movement bothers him more than the movement. However, he doesn’t mind the bang game or elevator game. It’s when the teeter is at full height. He easily works through it with reinforcement but it’s something I have noted.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 316 total)